A note from our Managing Director, Adam Sands;
The COVID-19 pandemic has introduced many issues for the travel industry. Tourism companies, such as RedSands are working in an environment that we have never experienced before – likewise consumers have never booked travel during a pandemic. As such, scenario’s that arise from time to time, due to outbreaks of COVID and the disappointing inability for Australia to have unified state border controls, are being worked out as they arise.
Unfortunately, travel insurers have largely wiped their hands of any risk for cancellation of travel due to COVID and this responsibility has largely been passed on to tourism businesses.
RedSands has introduced a raft of concessions, from our existing terms and conditions so travel can be booked in confidence. RedSands continues to monitor the domestic and international travel environment to provide concessions to our normal terms and conditions to bring confidence back to the travel industry.
Finally, RedSands is a family business – we work to act as fairly as possible with you should your travel be impacted. Whilst we understand any impact to travel is unsettling, we will not tolerate any abuse towards our valued staff members in any situation.
We thank you for your understanding during this period.
Australian State/Territory and Commonwealth Governments have imposed travel restrictions for international travel and for travel within Australia. For the latest travel advice, please refer to Australian Department of Health (domestic) or Smart Traveller (international).
If you are planning on travelling near or to remote indigenous communities, please review the latest travel restrictions before entering these higher-risk areas.
COVID-19 BOOKING Guidelines
We have relaxed our booking conditions to provide peace of mind when booking your holiday.
Effective for bookings made from 1st April 2021 to 30th November 2021 for travel departing up-to and including 31st December 2021.
REVISED CANCELLATION CLAUSE:
- A deposit of $1,000 is payable immediately to confirm your booking.
- Effective 2nd June 2021, you have an option to pay for your RedSands adventure in full by credit card and we will waive any credit card fees that may be applicable.
- Remaining balance (if applicable) is due and payable 55 days prior to commencement of the Rental Period.
- Should the Government (Federal and/or State/Territory) restrict your travel into the location of pick-up and/or drop-off prior to the commencement of the Rental Period, RedSands will, if travel is due to commence within 21 days, provide the options to;
- transfer the full value of your booking to a subsequent date within three years (subject to availability); or
- providing a full refund of any payments made, if your pick-up and drop-off location was the same; or
- provide a full refund of any payments made, less an amount $1,000 if your booking was a one-way hire.
- If the Rental Period has commenced and you need to return the Vehicle prior to the agreed return date on Your Rental Agreement due to a Government directive, a credit voucher for the unused Rental Period will be provided with a validity of 3 years from original rental commencement date.
- For cancellations due to change of mind or individual circumstance, please refer to our full Terms & Conditions. RedSands Campers suggests you take out a fully comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy from the time of booking.
- Whilst it is impossible to predict every scenario that may eventuate as a result of COVID travel restrictions, RedSands will work with you to come up with viable alternative solutions.
- Please note that RedSands has the right to cancel a booking if, based on historical state border closures, it is unlikely you can commence your booking 14 days from departure.
OUR COVID SAFE PRACTICES
RedSands is taking precautions to minimise risk of COVID-19 to our clients and staff. Health and safety is a top priority for us, so here are some measures we use that will help protect both you and the RedSands team:
- All clients and visitors entering the depot will be asked to sanitise their hands upon arrival using our hand sanitisation station.
- All clients and visitors entering the depot will be asked if they are using the SafeWA App, The Territory Check In App or enter their details on our guest register at reception.
- Our depot network practices physical distancing measures of 1.5 metres while interacting with clients and visitors.
- At the end of each hire, every vehicle is thoroughly cleaned. RedSands uses a detailed 50 point vehicle cleaning checklist on each vehicle between every hire. This is standard practice for us, which is one of the things that sets us apart from other hire companies and makes us a premium brand. It is also standard practice for us to allow 2-3 days between hires to enable this thorough clean and mechanical servicing/safety checks.
- We provide an environmentally friendly cleaning solution in the kitchen of all campers. This enables you to keep everything clean during your self-drive adventure.
- High contact surfaces in our depots are cleaned on a daily basis.
Finally, if you are unwell or have any flu like symptoms, such as fever, a cough, loss of taste or difficulty breathing, please stay home and contact your travel insurer and our team to discuss your options.